- New York
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Leap is building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems, and scale. The Leap Platform enables brands to deploy stores that work in concert with ecommerce more rapidly and at significantly reduced cost and risk. Brand stores powered by Leap bring modern brands to life with compelling, immersive customer experience and data driven operations. At Leap, our diverse, growing team is excited by the opportunity to power the next generation of leading consumer brands with a vibrant presence in local communities throughout the country. We're one of the fastest growing companies in the retail/ecommerce space - since launch we've powered stores for dozens of brands, and we're adding more brands and stores each week.
In 2021, just our third full calendar year in business, we grew 4x+ by every measure and are heading into 2022 with 50 stores open, 30+ active brands in our store footprint (500+ total registered) and a team of 300+ and poised to grow another 5x in the near term. The year ahead promises to be even more exciting, with new platform capabilities launching, an ambitious revenue plan and expansion of our operations and customer base across existing and new markets.
Our brand customers are modern brands who lead or aspire to lead their categories today and tomorrow, and *outstanding* people are literally at the core of our product. Our organization is composed of a diverse range of talented individuals and teams. With functions like Real Estate, Store Design & Development, Retail Operations, Marketing, Engineering, Product Management and Data Science, we're a unique company. Our shared ambitions and core values tightly align and drive us to succeed. Our staff are what make our organization so special and honoring our culture and values as we hire, onboard, engage, develop, and support our teams is paramount. Come take this leap with us.
Your ideas, thinking, and voice are wanted.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to become an early member of the Product Design team leading the design efforts of the Leap App as we build from the ground up and tackle complex problems to scale innovative products, never done before in the retail space.
The Product Designer will be an expert in translating user and business needs into compelling digital product solutions that are immersive and provide the best outcomes for the brands and customers we serve. They will work cross functionally with engineering, analytics and will play a big role in advancing our product platform capabilities.
- Lead design efforts of the Leap App and platform. Rapidly ideate to get to multiple concepts, moving into detailed workflows and interactions as solutions solidify, and bringing ideas to life through sketches, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and hi-fidelity visual design
- Facilitate design thinking workshops
- Partner closely with product and engineering to create simple and elegant solutions that solve complex problems
- Interact directly with users to conduct user research activities such as interviews and usability tests. Synthesize user research into actionable insights. Leverage data and insights to concept and prototype feature solutions that are grounded in both quantitative and qualitative data.
Qualifications - Key competencies and attributes for success
- A breadth of stellar product design work/concepts with an emphasis on immaculate visual design skills
- 3+ years of industry experience operating as an end-to-end multi-disciplinary product designer, possessing solid capabilities across a range of design disciplines
- A thorough understanding of responsive web design, iOS and Android platforms, UI component libraries, living design systems and modern browser technologies.
- You’ve worked cross-functionally and delivered high-quality design deliverables including wireframes, mockups, high-fidelity prototypes, and components
- You are competent in design system creation and maintenance
- You can solve new and complex user problems with simple solutions
- You can speak to and own your decision-making and stand fast when ambiguity is high
- You have a people-focused design mentality and can craft features that truly have a meaningful impact for users
- You have a passion for sophisticated, practical design and continual experimentation, iteration and optimization
- You’re an excellent communicator and collaborator
- Experience with premium brands including collaboration tools is a plus
Outcomes & Measures of Success
- Successful collaboration and alignment with counterparts and team members
- Consistent, timely delivery of research and design deliverables
- Contribution to the development of a team-oriented, high-performance culture
- Successful development and release of feature work
- Clear understanding of product design strategy and goals
Who You Are
- You’re a self-starter
- You’re a strong relationship builder, inclusive and welcoming to all
- You’re resilient in fast-paced and quickly changing environments
- You are empathetic to those around you
- You know how to influence outcomes and inspire others
- Chicago, NY, or LA preferred
- Should be open to some travel for team building, store emersion, research, and collaboration
Leap EEO Statement
However, you identify, whatever your path to get here; Leap celebrates diversity and is committed to maintaining a safe, rewarding, and inclusive environment where Leapers thrive individually and as a team. To achieve our mission, building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems, and scale; we need to work hard to foster a diverse community to support the brands and customers we serve. These aren't just words; this is who we are. We know that our differences are what make our organization special and are paramount to our culture. Your age, skin color, beliefs, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, parental status, vet status, gender identity are valued.