Associate, Retail Operations- New Store Openings
- San Francisco, CA
- Full Time
- Retail Operations
- Mid Level
Associate, Retail Operations - New Store Openings
Leap is building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale. The Leap Platform enables brands to deploy stores that work in concert with ecommerce more rapidly and at significantly reduced cost and risk. Brand stores powered by Leap bring modern brands to life with compelling, immersive customer experience and data driven operations. At Leap, our diverse, growing team is excited by the opportunity to power the next generation of leading consumer brands with a vibrant presence in local communities throughout the country. We're one of the fastest growing companies in the retail/ecommerce space - since launch we've powered stores for dozens of brands, and we're adding more brands and stores each week.
Our brand customers are modern brands who lead or aspire to lead their categories today and tomorrow, and *outstanding* people are literally at the core of our product. Our organization is composed of a diverse range of talented individuals and teams. With functions like Real Estate, Store Design & Development, Retail Operations, Marketing, Engineering, Product Management and Data Science, we are a truly unique company and our shared ambitions and core values tightly align and drive us to succeed.
Our staff are what make our organization so special and honoring our culture and values as we hire, onboard, engage, develop and support our teams is paramount.
Come take this leap with us. Your ideas, thinking, and voice are wanted.
The Associate, Retail Operations - New Store Openings & Projects supports the growth of Leap through the execution of new store openings. This role is the main point of contact for all tasks related to the new store opening process and manages the project from end-to-end, throughout phases of project planning, turnover execution and launch. This role reports into the Senior Manager, Retail Operations - New Store Openings & Projects.
- Act as the main point of contact for all tasks related to the new store opening process, including but not limited to: scheduling, project planning, supply ordering, communication, etc.
- Execute and lead the store turnover week, beginning with hand-off from store construction through store opening
- Prepare agenda and lead weekly new store opening calls
- Develop cross-functional partnership with various teams across the organization, including but not limited to, Retail Operations, Brand Management, Store Development and Visual
- Collaborate with Store Leaders and other field team members to collect feedback and discuss opportunities and successes
- Assist the Retail Operations team in documenting and implementing standard operating procedures for new store openings
Key Competencies & Attributes for Success
- 2+ years in a similar role, preferably in a retail channel
- Ability to travel 50% of the time
- Knowledge and understanding of retail fundamentals such as retail calendars, sales/traffic dynamics and the basics of retail operations
- Open minded, highly flexible and maintains a positive attitude
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Understanding of project management
- Strong team skills and an aptitude for cross functional interactions
Outcomes and Measures of Success
- Best in class store operations
- Successful new store opening process
- Outstanding partnership with cross functional teams, maintaining a positive working relationship
However you identify, whatever your path to get here; Leap celebrates diversity and is committed to maintaining a safe, rewarding and inclusive environment where Leapers thrive individually and as a team. In order to achieve our mission, building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale; we need to work hard to foster a diverse community to support the brands and customers we serve. These aren't just words, this is who we are. We know that our differences are what make our organization special and are paramount to our culture. Your age, skin color, beliefs, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, parental status, vet status, gender identity are valued.