Associate, Retail Operations - Brand Operations
- New York, NY
- Full Time
- Retail Operations
- Entry Level
Leap is building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale. The Leap Platform enables brands to deploy stores that work in concert with ecommerce more rapidly and at significantly reduced cost and risk. Brand stores powered by Leap bring modern brands to life with compelling, immersive customer experience and data driven operations. At Leap, our diverse, growing team is excited by the opportunity to power the next generation of leading consumer brands with a vibrant presence in local communities throughout the country. We're one of the fastest growing companies in the retail/ecommerce space - since launch we've powered stores for dozens of brands, and we're adding more brands and stores each week.
Our brand customers are modern brands who lead or aspire to lead their categories today and tomorrow, and *outstanding* people are literally at the core of our product. Our organization is composed of a diverse range of talented individuals and teams. With functions like Real Estate, Store Design & Development, Retail Operations, Marketing, Engineering, Product Management and Data Science, we're a truly unique company and our shared ambitions and core values tightly align and drive us to succeed.
Our staff are what make our organization so special and honoring our culture and values as we hire, onboard, engage, develop and support our teams is paramount.
Come take this leap with us. Your ideas, thinking, and voice are wanted.
The Associate, Retail Operations - Brand Communications supports all store communications and retail operations administrative tasks. Your role will be paramount in keeping our stores up to date while also providing important store feedback back to various teams in our organization. This role works closely with the Retail Operations team and partners with multiple teams across the organization, including, but not limited to Customer Success, Merchandising, Store Development and Finance. This role plays an integral part in keeping various tools and resources organized while keeping our retail teams informed and supported. If you’re interested in utilizing your organizational skills, understanding how processes work and how to constantly improve them and working in a rewarding, supportive, high-growth role, this will be a great fit! This role reports into the Manager, Retail Operations.
- Assist in creating and delivering retail communications (email, slack, newsletters) to stores
- Act as the communication support contact between the field and corporate employees to ensure streamlined and consistent communication
- Maintain various tools related to retail communication and workload planning, including but not limited to Asana, Endear, Deputy and Slack
- Assist the Retail Operations team in documenting and implementing standard operating procedures for stores, as well as measuring effectiveness and tracking compliance
- Develop and maintain cross-functional partnership with various teams across the organization to communicate upcoming events, tasks and initiatives
- Proactively collaborate with Store Leaders and other field team members to collect regular store feedback and discuss opportunities and successes
Key Competencies & Attributes for Success
- 2+ years experience in corporate retail operations management or 4+ years in store management
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Understanding of project management
- Knowledge of retail fundamentals such as retail calendars, sales/traffic dynamics and the basics of retail operations
- Innate curiosity on how processes can be improved or created
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Strong attention to detail and ability to operate “in the weeds” without losing sight of the big picture
- Working knowledge of modern brand retail and/or ecomm, e.g. DTC and customer experience.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, high growth business environment
- Strong team skills and an aptitude for cross functional interactions
Outcomes and Measures of Success
- Best in class store operations
- Operationally efficient and compliant stores based on Leap SOPs
- Outstanding partnership with cross functional teams, maintaining a positive working relationship
- Workload planning and payroll management improvements due to the support and maintenance of a workload calendar
- Informed and empowered store teams who have a direct point of contact within the corporate office and can communicate feedback and questions on a regular basis
However you identify, whatever your path to get here; Leap celebrates diversity and is committed to maintaining a safe, rewarding and inclusive environment where Leapers thrive individually and as a team. In order to achieve our mission, building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale; we need to work hard to foster a diverse community to support the brands and customers we serve. These aren't just words, this is who we are. We know that our differences are what make our organization special and are paramount to our culture. Your age, skin color, beliefs, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, parental status, vet status, gender identity are valued