Customer Success Manager
- Chicago, IL
- Full Time
- Brand Management
Leap is building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale. The Leap Platform enables brands to deploy stores that work in concert with ecommerce more rapidly and at significantly reduced cost and risk. Brand stores powered by Leap bring modern brands to life with compelling, immersive customer experience and data driven operations. At Leap, our diverse, growing team is excited by the opportunity to power the next generation of leading consumer brands with a vibrant presence in local communities throughout the country. We're one of the fastest growing companies in the retail/ecommerce space - since launch we've powered stores for dozens of brands, and we're adding more brands and stores each week.
Our brand customers are modern brands who lead or aspire to lead their categories today and tomorrow, and *outstanding* people are literally at the core of our product. Our organization is composed of a diverse range of talented individuals and teams. With functions like Real Estate, Store Design & Development, Retail Operations, Marketing, Engineering, Product Management and Data Science, we're a truly unique company and our shared ambitions and core values tightly align and drive us to succeed.
Our staff is what makes our organization so special and honoring our culture and values as we hire, onboard, engage, develop and support our teams is paramount.
Come take this leap with us. Your ideas, thinking, and voice are wanted
Mission for the position:
Customer Success Managers are the key business partners to our external brand customers, working to ensure their success on the Leap platform. Their duties include ensuring each brand is represented well in its powered by Leap store(s) and realizing maximum sales, profitability, and end customer engagement. As a business partner, the Customer Success Manager is part account manager and part project manager, driving communication, workflows, and successful adoption and usage of our platform tools. This is a brand (customer/client) facing role, responsible not only for leading external communication with senior leaders of our customers’ businesses, but also internal project management of key workflows related to store development and ongoing operational oversight (SOPs). As the voice of the brand customer and end consumer, The Customer Success Manager plays a key role in the development of our platform overall.
- Proactively manage brand customer onboarding, ongoing regular account communication, Leap platform systems/tools training, results analytics and insights reporting, and account engagement/optimization priorities
- Proactively project manage deliverables workflows to ensure brand customers and Leap personnel understand roles and responsibilities and key action items and deliverables needed to maximize store performance / account value
- Ensure brand customers achieve business goals via the Leap platform by holding them accountable for delivery standards (i.e. product assortment and delivery and/or marketing program planning and execution) in addition to communication of store performance reporting internally
- Lead daily and weekly internal communications across multiple brand customer accounts and projects (e.g. new store adds, store optimizations, platform systems developments, etc.).
- Support development and implementation of account and project management workflows and systems that instill trust and maintain strong relationships with brand customers and internal stakeholders across functions.
- Build a deep understanding of our brand customers’ brand, products, category, channel and end customer dynamics
- Serve as the internal champion and voice of brand customers/end consumers with respect to business objectives and KPIs.
- Develop and present compelling narratives based on quantitative and qualitative analytics and insights internally & externally, and work to drive implementation of resulting action plans.
Key competencies & attributes for success:
- 4+ years of B2B client/customer facing account management and/or client services in tech-enabled platform or SaaS business
- Experience in retail or real estate industry preferred
- Strong organizational and project management skills with ability to multi-task and work within a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Strong client service orientation and interpersonal/communication skills
- Proficient analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data, insights & trends to drive action
- Enjoys juggling competing priorities and optimizing available work time accordingly
- Enjoys creating systematic solutions to problems (i.e. creating new processes and protocols)
- Collaborative working style and strong teamwork skills
- Knowledge and passion for consumer brands, retail and ecommerce are a plus
- Interest in joining a fun, fast-paced early stage start-up
Outcomes & measures of success:
- Successfully manage and retain brand customers on the Leap platform (onboarding, adoption of platform tools/systems, project management, account level sales and profitability, customer NPS, etc.)
- Grow brand customer account value through store footprint expansion via the platform
- Drive brand satisfaction across the platform
- Successful delivery of on time and on budget projects/tasks pertaining to brand/store performance and other operational workstreams
EEO Statement:"However you identify, whatever your path to get here; Leap celebrates diversity and is committed to maintaining a safe, rewarding and inclusive environment where Leapers thrive individually and as a team. To achieve our mission, building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale; we need to work hard to foster a diverse community to support the brands and customers we serve. These aren't just words; this is who we are. We know that our differences are what make our organization special and are paramount to our culture. Your age, skin color, beliefs, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, parental status, vet status, gender identity are valued."