Manager, Retail Operations - Brand Operations
- New York, NY
- Full Time
- Retail Operations
- Mid Level
Leap is building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale. The Leap Platform enables brands to deploy stores that work in concert with ecommerce more rapidly and at significantly reduced cost and risk. Brand stores powered by Leap bring modern brands to life with compelling, immersive customer experience and data driven operations. At Leap, our diverse, growing team is excited by the opportunity to power the next generation of leading consumer brands with a vibrant presence in local communities throughout the country. We're one of the fastest growing companies in the retail/ecommerce space - since launch we've powered stores for dozens of brands, and we're adding more brands and stores each week.
Our brand customers are modern brands who lead or aspire to lead their categories today and tomorrow, and *outstanding* people are literally at the core of our product. Our organization is composed of a diverse range of talented individuals and teams. With functions like Real Estate, Store Design & Development, Retail Operations, Marketing, Engineering, Product Management and Data Science, we're a truly unique company and our shared ambitions and core values tightly align and drive us to succeed.
Our staff are what make our organization so special and honoring our culture and values as we hire, onboard, engage, develop and support our teams is paramount.
Come take this leap with us. Your ideas, thinking, and voice are wanted.
The Manager, Retail Operations - Brand Operations has ownership of all store communications and retail workload planning, acting as the main point of contact for both field and corporate employees and tracking compliance of all tasks. As a Manager of Brand Communications, you will be one of the main gate keepers on how we communicate to our retail stores. If you find joy in finding ways to improve and streamline communication and operational processes, this role is the right fit! Additionally, since you play such a vital part of being the bridge between the field and HQ, this role partners with multiple teams across the organization, including, but not limited to Retail Operations, Customer Success, Brand Marketing, Merchandising, Store Development and Finance. You will be a main resource of best retail practices while also problem solving and providing best case scenario options for a seamless retail experience. This role reports into the Senior Manager, Retail Operations.
- Act as the direct line of communication between the field and corporate employees to ensure streamlined and consistent communication
- Manage all communication (email, slack, newsletters) shared with the store teams to ensure information is complete and easily actionable
- Develop cross-functional partnerships with teams across the organization to create and maintain a workload calendar
- Drive the development of related training and performance management programs associated with workload management
- Create processes to measure compliance and report out to cross functional teams
- Support multiple teams with the communication of upcoming retail events, tasks and initiatives including Customer Success, Brand Marketing, Merchandising, Collaborate
- Collect regular feedback from stores and discuss opportunities and successes
- Proactively identify opportunities within our stores to improve workload and communication
- Assist the Retail Operations team in documenting and implementing standard operating procedures for stores, as well as measuring effectiveness and tracking compliance
Key Competencies & Attributes for Success
- 3+ years experience in corporate retail operations management
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong managerial skills developed via managing people and teams
- Advanced knowledge of retail fundamentals such as retail calendars, sales/traffic dynamics and the basics of retail operations
- Demonstrated leadership qualities cross functionally while driving results
- Working knowledge of modern brand retail and/or ecomm, e.g. DTC and customer experience.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, high growth business environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to operate “in the weeds” without losing sight of the big picture
- Understanding of project management
- Strong team skills and an aptitude for cross functional interactions
Outcomes and Measures of Success
- Best in class store operations
- Operationally efficient and compliant stores based on Leap SOPs
- Outstanding partnership with cross functional teams, maintaining a positive working relationship
- Workload planning and payroll management improvements due to the creation and maintenance of a workload calendar
- Informed and empowered store teams who have a direct point of contact within the corporate office and can communicate feedback and questions on a regular basis
However you identify, whatever your path to get here; Leap celebrates diversity and is committed to maintaining a safe, rewarding and inclusive environment where Leapers thrive individually and as a team. In order to achieve our mission, building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale; we need to work hard to foster a diverse community to support the brands and customers we serve. These aren't just words, this is who we are. We know that our differences are what make our organization special and are paramount to our culture. Your age, skin color, beliefs, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, parental status, vet status, gender identity are valued.