Senior Director, Marketing
- New York, NY
- Full Time
- Senior Manager/Supervisor
Leap is building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale. The Leap Platform enables brands to deploy stores that work in concert with e-commerce more rapidly and at significantly reduced cost and risk. Brand stores powered by Leap bring modern brands to life with compelling, immersive customer experience and data driven operations. At Leap, our diverse, growing team is excited by the opportunity to power the next generation of leading consumer brands with a vibrant presence in local communities throughout the country. We're one of the fastest growing companies in the retail/e-commerce space - since launch we've powered stores for dozens of brands, and we're adding more brands and stores each week.
Our brand customers are modern brands who lead or aspire to lead their categories today and tomorrow, and *outstanding* people are literally at the core of our product. Our organization is composed of a diverse range of talented individuals and teams. With functions like Real Estate, Store Design & Development, Retail Operations, Marketing, Engineering, Product Management and Data Science, we're a truly unique company and our shared ambitions and core values tightly align and drive us to succeed.
Leap is looking for a Sr. Director of Marketing to establish, build and lead the marketing organization within Leap across both B2C and B2B marketing inclusive of field/event marketing, CRM marketing and paid and unpaid B2B marketing. Reporting into the VP of Brand management and equipped with a team of marketers, the Sr. Director of Marketing will leverage the Leap Platform’s data, insights and +20MM customer file to drive more traffic, sales and loyalty across our Leap powered stores plus elevate the Leap brand with both B2C and B2B segments. This role is an amazing and unique opportunity to drive success for over 25 brands on the Leap platform such as Naadam, Something Navy, Thirdlove, Birdies, Mack Weldon and more via Leap driven CRM and localized field marketing. In addition, working closely with our Growth and Real Estate teams you will have the opportunity to further establish a voice for the Leap brand and attract the next set of brands onto the platform. The right candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset and be expert across multiple disciplines of marketing with experience in both CRM and experiential/retail while leading a team and function within a fast paced, high growth environment.
- Team Development: Lead, develop, train, mentor and scale a marketing team (currently 4 people, 3 direct reports) for a fast growing B2C & B2B retail Platform
- Strategy: Set high level marketing strategy and integrated campaigns to establish a cohesive voice while driving execution and tracking against KPIs
- B2C: Lead and oversee Leap marketing CRM, & email, field marketing and local paid marketing (i.e. direct mail, OOH, etc) to drive retention, loyalty, awareness, visits and attributable sales
- B2B: Lead team and oversee B2B marketing inclusive of sales collateral, corp website, blog, newsletter and social as well as paid media (events, digital)
- Research & KPI tracking: Capture, analyze and leverage Platform insights, data and KPIs to drive positioning, activations and strategies
- Creative: Partner with internal and external creative & design resources to elevate the Leap brand across both B2C and B2B marketing
- Agency Management: Oversee external agencies including social media and PR
- Project Management: Collaboration and internal stakeholder buy-in with CEOs, and other key functions such as retail operations, merchandising, technology, data and analytics, sales and real estate
- 10-15 years of marketing experience with track record of success
- Strong background in the DTC, Ecommerce, fashion, beauty or CPG industries.
- Marketplace experience (a strong plus but not required)
- Proficiency with retention and loyalty marketing within ESPs, CRMs and CDPs
- Experience in managing and scaling a team across sub-functions and levels.
- Strong sense of brand building, creative marketing and ROI focused mentality with clear examples of each.
- Proven track record of understanding customer profile and segmentation as well as customer journey to drive strategies, tactics, creative and results
- Exceptional analytical skills ability to derive meaning from data
- Detailed oriented, efficient, dependable, and collaborative team player who can work in a fast-paced but rewarding atmosphere
- Ability to work closely and earn trust with cross-functional teams, manage various stakeholders and comfortably handle difficult conversations
Outcomes and measures of success:
- Increases in traffic and sales across Leap powered stores driven by marketing
- Increased effectiveness of Leap owned CRM
- Elevation of the Leap B2C and B2B brand
- B2B content, programs and qualified brand Leads
- Strong, high performing team
However you identify, whatever your path to get here; Leap celebrates diversity and is committed to maintaining a safe, rewarding and inclusive environment where Leapers thrive individually and as a team.
In order to achieve our mission, building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale; we need to work hard to foster a diverse community to support the brands and customers we serve. These aren't just words, this is who we are. We know that our differences are what make our organization special and are paramount to our culture. Your age, skin color, beliefs, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, parental status, vet status, gender identity are valued.