Real Estate Manager - Boston
- Boston, MA
- Full Time
- Real Estate
Leap is building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale. The Leap Platform enables brands to deploy stores that work in concert with ecommerce more rapidly and at significantly reduced cost and risk. Brand stores powered by Leap bring modern brands to life with compelling, immersive customer experience and data driven operations. At Leap, our diverse, growing team is excited by the opportunity to power the next generation of leading consumer brands with a vibrant presence in local communities throughout the country. We're one of the fastest growing companies in the retail/ecommerce space - since launch we've powered stores for dozens of brands, and we're adding more brands and stores each week.
Our brand customers are modern brands who lead or aspire to lead their categories today and tomorrow, and *outstanding* people are literally at the core of our product. Our organization is composed of a diverse range of talented individuals and teams. With functions like Real Estate, Store Design & Development, Retail Operations, Marketing, Engineering, Product Management and Data Science, we're a truly unique company and our shared ambitions and core values tightly align and drive us to succeed.
Our staff are what make our organization so special and honoring our culture and values as we hire, onboard, engage, develop and support our teams is paramount.
Come take this leap with us. Your ideas, thinking, and voice are wanted.
Mission for this position:
The Manager, Real Estate is an internal real estate strategist and dealmaker for Leap, working across brands and store locations on the platform to enable, grow and help manage the business. In this role, reporting to the Director of Real Estate, you will develop a deep understanding of local markets, create and drive strategic plans with respect to Leap's overall business objectives and other strategic considerations; identify appropriate sites and store locations, and project manage the deal making process end to end from negotiation to lease execution, and post-deal proactive footprint management.
- Negotiate with landlords for new stores; accountable for timely execution of leases to fuel Leap's expansion strategy
- Coordinate and conduct portfolio reviews with top mall and street developers to identify appropriate spaces for Leap
- Using Leap business goals, develop overall market strategy for assigned region and develop leasing strategy and target goals for yearly store expansion plans
- Prepare recommendations to the executive team as part of the annual budgeting and planning process; the Manager is accountable for the quality of the leasing deals recommended.
- Present deals and markets to the Real Estate Committee for approval and prepare deal packages for presentation; the Manager is accountable for the quality and accuracy of information within the package and for the quality of presentation to the committee
- Work with attorneys to negotiate leases and assist design and construction teams with tracking and facilitating store development to ensure cost savings, efficiencies, and on-time openings; accountable to ensure data given to functional and cross-functional team members is accurate and timely
- Network with industry professionals, landlords, other specialty retailers, and industry associations; accountable for staying informed of business and industry trends in order to maximize the Leap portfolio and deal quality
Qualifications – key competencies & attributes for success:
- Demonstrable track record of success in growing and developing a real estate territory
- Professional work experience that indicates the ability to perform to the expectations of the role as described above
- 3-5 years of experience in the retail real estate leasing environment either as a specialty store retailer, landlord, or broker; will also consider candidate who has 3-5 years of experience as a retail real estate financial analyst
- Ability to travel by car or plane to meet with developers and landlords and market tour as needed; travel will be intermittent but may be as high as 50% at times
Outcomes & measures of success:
- Successful management of real estate workflows according to defined measures
- Successful execution of projects e.g. on-time, on-budget, and on quality as applicable
- Successful collaboration with peers/stakeholders throughout the organization
- Contribution to the development of a team-oriented high performance culture within the company
EEO Statement: However you identify, whatever your path to get here; Leap celebrates diversity and is committed to maintaining a safe, rewarding and inclusive environment where Leapers thrive individually and as a team.
In order to achieve our mission, building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale; we need to work hard to foster a diverse community to support the brands and customers we serve. These aren't just words, this is who we are. We know that our differences are what make our organization special and are paramount to our culture. Your age, skin color, beliefs, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, parental status, vet status, gender identity are valued.