Sales Supervisor: Rent the Runway Pop up (Chicago)
- Chicago, IL
- Full Time
Leap Powered Brands: Ring Concierge, FrankSa and Oak, Naadam, Something Navy, GoodLife, Mack Weldon, UpWest, Public Rec, Vincero, Yoga Democracy, Bad Birdies, Aurate, Package Free, Little Words Project
Leap develops and operates modern physical retail stores for emerging brands. Via the Leap platform, brands rapidly deploy efficient, modern stores that work in concert with their e-commerce customer experiences. Brand stores powered by Leap deliver outstanding customer experience and powerful insights that enable emerging brands to grow and innovate more quickly and more profitably, with significantly less risk.
About the Brand
“We started a rental revolution and changed the fashion industry."
In 2009, we disrupted the trillion-dollar fashion industry and changed the way women get dressed forever by pioneering the ‘Closet in the Cloud’: a dream closet filled with an infinite selection of designer styles to rent, wear and return (or keep!). Every trend, every color, every print, everything you’ve ever wanted to wear — for a fraction of the cost.
As a Sales Supervisor you will help build out this exciting new retail model for Leap, while gaining first hand exposure to an exciting and prominent brand. You will not only provide an exceptional shopping experience in-store, but assist customers virtually on an appointment basis and fulfill orders out of the store and ship to customers directly. You will take pride and ownership in being part of the best team and know that you are an integral part in shaping the next frontier of brick and mortar retail.
What You’ll Do
- Take pride in demonstrating a world class work ethic
- Be a trustworthy leader who guides with integrity at all times and continually acts in the best interest of the brand and the customer
- Carry a key to the store, responsible for opening and/or closing the store
- Create a nurturing work environment filled with people who respect one another and who enjoy each other’s company
- Demonstrate entrepreneurship by creating local marketing and clienteling initiatives to support achievement of sales goals
- Manage a business that is sales and operations focused, ensuring the team multitasks service, shipment processing, visual changes, etc.
- Demonstrate sales leadership by playing an active role on the selling floor
- Ensure presentation of all displays, fixtures and visuals are reflective directives
- Identify and communicate product concerns and inventory insights
- Ensure shipments are properly processed in a timely manner
- Monitor the movement of all inventory and ensure that staff adheres to all Shipping/Receiving policies and procedures, and meet inventory shrink requirements
- Liaise directly with the Retail Operations team to manage and react to potential changes with leasing calendar, brand rotation, etc., to keep up the flow of operations between brands
- Build and maintain good communication with members of corporate office and other stores
- Ensure the selling floor is neat, clean, organized and reflects the correct visual image at all times
- Ensure image and grooming standards are adhered to at all times, reflective of the brand vibe and image
- Contribute innovative ideas to reinvent the retail experience for our customers
Our Ideal Candidate
- You take pride in being smart, fun, and motivated.
- You have 1+ years of big box or high volume retail management experience.
- You're excited to work for an emerging brand and about contributing to the company’s growth.
- You have sharp analytical skills, including basic retail math, understanding of capacity levels, calculating inventory on-hands, tracking sales throughout your shift, etc.
- You’re comfortable using technology to perform all job functions including sales reporting, communication between stores and HQ offices, managing inventory, and corresponding with customers.
- You're experienced with customers and motivated to help them through the store experience from start to finish.
- You love being organized and have an eye for details.
- You place value on being a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- You'd describe yourself as positive, passionate about fashion, high energy, and eager to learn.
- You're excited to increase brand exposure in your personal market.
- You're able to work a retail schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Comfortable working with/using a ladder and lifting a maximum of 50lbs.
- Career growth opportunities
- Exceptional employee discount on product
- Continued education (e-learning and training)
- Flexible working hours/schedules
In order to achieve our mission, we need to work hard to create a diverse community of Leapers to support the brand and customers we serve and help us all grow and thrive individually and as a team. Our differences make our organization special and are paramount to our culture. Your age, skin color, beliefs, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, parental status, vet status, gender identity are valued.