Store Development Project Manager
- New York, NY
- Full Time
- Store Development
Leap is building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale. The Leap Platform enables brands to deploy stores that work in concert with ecommerce more rapidly and at significantly reduced cost and risk. Brand stores powered by Leap bring modern brands to life with compelling, immersive customer experience and data driven operations. At Leap, our diverse, growing team is excited by the opportunity to power the next generation of leading consumer brands with a vibrant presence in local communities throughout the country. We're one of the fastest growing companies in the retail/ecommerce space - since launch we've powered stores for dozens of brands, and we're adding more brands and stores each week.
Our brand customers are modern brands who lead or aspire to lead their categories today and tomorrow, and *outstanding* people are literally at the core of our product. Our organization is composed of a diverse range of talented individuals and teams. With functions like Real Estate, Store Design & Development, Retail Operations, Marketing, Engineering, Product Management and Data Science, we're a truly unique company and our shared ambitions and core values tightly align and drive us to succeed.
Our staff is what makes our organization so special and honoring our culture and values as we hire, onboard, engage, develop and support our teams is paramount.
Come take this leap with us. Your ideas, thinking, and voice are wanted.
The Project Manager is the internal construction project manager for stores on the Leap platform, working to build immersive stores for our brands. In this role you'll project manage our agile build process to ensure each store is built on time, on budget, and per quality standards. Brand stores powered by Leap give our brands' the opportunity to open brick and mortar locations on a faster timeline and at a lower risk; thus, in this role you'll leverage Leap’s store construction and build approach and systems (i.e. vendor management and budget tracking) in order to efficiently bring our store designs to life.
As the Store Development Project Manager, you will serve as the expert in construction including budget and timeline management, and master coordinator of a team of professionals to achieve the best possible result for each and every store development project - from new store launches to existing store design optimizations and re-brandings. Outstanding organization and communication skills are key.
- Support Real Estate team during store location evaluation and lease negotiations by reviewing sites and relevant deal terms.
- Work closely with internal store designers to gain approval from brand customers and internal stakeholders e.g. Retail Ops, Technology and Finance team members.
- Prepare and manage budgets and schedules for store builds.
- Prepare and manage bids and procurement processes for store builds, closely with the Procurement manager.
- Prepare and manage packages for contractors and other vendors.
- Proactively coordinate communications amongst internal stakeholders and brand customers during design and build processes.
- Manage build sites (contractors and other vendors, FF&E, lighting and other store elements key to customer journey and employee experience) and resolve issues in the field to ensure delivery on time and on budget while maintaining quality.
- Coordinate store turnover and punchlist completion with Retail Operations, Visual Merchandising and Brand Management team members.
- Manage close out packages including budget vs actuals reporting, as-built modeling and inspections.
- Manage and develop Leap's vendor lists.
Key competencies & attributes for success:
- Track record of success managing the design and buildout of stores focused on speed, cost effectiveness, and quality.
- 5+ years of experience in retail store builds as a construction or visual project manager.
- Ability to travel by car or plane to conduct site visits and manage sites. Travel can be up to 60% at times.
Outcomes & measures of success:
- Successful execution of store builds e.g. on-time, on-budget, and maintaining quality.
- Successful collaboration with peers/stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Contribution to the development of a team-oriented, high performance culture within the company.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity! Unfortunately, due to the high volume of inquiries received, we are not able to respond to all applicants
However you identify, whatever your path to get here; Leap celebrates diversity and is committed to maintaining a safe, rewarding and inclusive environment where Leapers thrive individually and as a team. To achieve our mission, building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale; we need to work hard to foster a diverse community to support the brands and customers we serve. These aren't just words; this is who we are. We know that our differences are what make our organization special and are paramount to our culture. Your age, skin color, beliefs, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, parental status, vet status, gender identity are valued.