Real Estate Coordinator
- Los Angeles, CA
- Full Time
- Real Estate
- Mid Level
Leap is building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale. The Leap Platform enables brands to deploy stores that work in concert with ecommerce more rapidly and at significantly reduced cost and risk. Brand stores powered by Leap bring modern brands to life with compelling, immersive customer experience and data driven operations. At Leap, our diverse, growing team is excited by the opportunity to power the next generation of leading consumer brands with a vibrant presence in local communities throughout the country. We're one of the fastest growing companies in the retail/ecommerce space - since launch we've powered stores for dozens of brands, and we're adding more brands and stores each week.
Our brand customers are modern brands who lead or aspire to lead their categories today and tomorrow, and *outstanding* people are literally at the core of our product. Our organization is composed of a diverse range of talented individuals and teams. With functions like Real Estate, Store Design & Development, Retail Operations, Marketing, Engineering, Product Management and Data Science, we're a truly unique company and our shared ambitions and core values tightly align and drive us to succeed.
Come take this leap with us. Your ideas, thinking, and voice are wanted.
About the role:
The Real Estate Development Coordinator will be an integral part of the Leap Real Estate team supporting deal makers and the overall Growth team in management and development of new store locations. The position will be working across brands and store locations on the platform to enable, grow and help manage the business. In this role, reporting to the Director of Real Estate, you will assist in the management of the department via administrative/organization support across all facets of the organization’s business. You will be a go to resource for inquiries. We are looking for someone who can take a leadership stance.
- Effectively use databases and other software to work with real estate deal makers to coordinate the flow of information from brokers, landlords and developers, across all markets, into systems including: Box.com, Hubspot (CRM), Occupier, and Asana.
- Internal and cross-functional communications: Work with departments across the company to manage the flow of information to internal partners including: Design & Construction, Brand Management/Marketing and Retail Operations. This includes coordinating information, tasking capex budgets and creating agendas and support materials for meetings as well as working on follow-up items and projects.
- External communications: Regularly attend broker, landlord, developer calls/meetings. Facilitate the follow-up and flow of information between parties.
- Work with Real Estate team and Business Development team to create draft presentations and reports and coordinate all pertinent information to service brand real estate strategies.
- Proactively project manage location deal/development process by reviewing, cross checking and updating new locations and LOIs, leases, license agreements and making sure they are posted and shared in a timely manner across the organization using current systems.
- Manage critical date processes including lease amendments, leases and licensee agreements as they pertain to terminations, renewals and expiration dates.
- Draft and support the preparation of deals for Real Estate Committee for approval, including lease analysis, ensuring accuracy of possession and openings; and ensure relevant data/information is shared throughout the Leap organization through relevant tracking systems and reporting tools
- Network with retail real estate industry peers, landlords, other specialty retailers, and industry/trade associations to educate them about the Leap Platform and stay informed of business and industry trends as a member at large of Leap's Real Estate organization
Our ideal candidate has:
- Demonstrable track record of success in organizational, administrative and analytical thinking with 1-3 years of experience in the retail real estate industry on either the tenant / retailer, landlord / owner, developer, or brokerage side of the business
- Strong business acumen
- Detail oriented, and adapt to changing priorities
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to accommodate fluctuating needs and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Outcomes & measures of success:
- Successful management of real estate workflows according to defined measures
- Successful execution of projects e.g. on-time, on-budget, and on quality as applicable
- Successful collaboration with peers/stakeholders throughout the organization
- Contribution to the development of a team-oriented high performance culture within the company
EEO Statement: However you identify, whatever your path to get here; Leap celebrates diversity and is committed to maintaining a safe, rewarding and inclusive environment where Leapers thrive individually and as a team.
In order to achieve our mission, building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale; we need to work hard to foster a diverse community to support the brands and customers we serve. These aren't just words, this is who we are. We know that our differences are what make our organization special and are paramount to our culture. Your age, skin color, beliefs, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, parental status, vet status, gender identity are valued.