- Chicago, IL
- Full Time
- Accounting and Finance
Leap Services, Inc.
Leap is building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale. The Leap Platform enables brands to deploy stores that work in concert with ecommerce more rapidly and at significantly reduced cost and risk. Brand stores powered by Leap bring modern brands to life with compelling, immersive customer experience and data driven operations. At Leap, our diverse, growing team is excited by the opportunity to power the next generation of leading consumer brands with a vibrant presence in local communities throughout the country. We're one of the fastest growing companies in the retail/ecommerce space - since launch we've powered stores for dozens of brands, and we're adding more brands and stores each week.
Our brand customers are modern brands who lead or aspire to lead their categories today and tomorrow, and *outstanding* people are literally at the core of our product. Our organization is composed of a diverse range of talented individuals and teams. With functions like Real Estate, Store Design & Development, Retail Operations, Marketing, Engineering, Product Management and Data Science, we're a truly unique company and our shared ambitions and core values tightly align and drive us to succeed.
Our staff is what makes our organization so special and honoring our culture and values as we hire, onboard, engage, develop and support our teams is paramount.
Come take this leap with us. Your ideas, thinking, and voice are wanted.
Mission for the position:
Leap is looking for an experienced finance manager to build out our finance support function across retail store operations, capex and store development, real estate, and other functional areas. The manager will be entrenched in understanding the ins-and-outs of each functional area and will take initiative to understand and develop the needed tools and resources to create efficiencies and as a result drive profitability and growth at Leap. This is a very exciting time to join Leap and this team. You will have the opportunity to build brand new analyses and workflows and make a meaningful impact to help drive business objectives. This position will be a hybrid role with the primary office in Chicago or NYC.
- Serve as the finance thought-partner across a broad range of functional areas including Retail Operations, Store Development, Product, Marketing, Growth, Real Estate, and others
- Transform current workstreams of store performance management and fleet performance management to drive positive business outcomes
- Own the end-to-end capital budgeting and management process
- Identify opportunities to realize cost efficiencies, increase margins, improve the overall financial health of Leap, for example as it pertains to store financial performance / store operating cost efficiency from a field structure standpoint
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis as required. Interact with all levels of management to communicate financial implications, guidance, and recommendations
- Build financial models that will guide important strategic decisions to propel the business forward in the most cost-effective manner
- Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting tools to ensure adherence to budget at corporate and store-level
- Support Accounting with cash management, financial statement forecasting, and other financial reporting
Competencies for success:
- 5 years in commercial or FP&A finance role(s)
- Excellent financial modeling skills with an affinity for turning data into insights
- Comfortable handling large amount of data, with the ability to see the big picture to prioritize workload effectively
- Industry knowledge of retail operations and capital planning experience preferred
- Adaptable and flexible to changing business needs but also laser-focused at being able to execute standard daily and monthly responsibilities
- Strong management and leadership skills; able to work with all levels of the organization including VPs and owners
- Self starter - able to take initiative and run
- Entrepreneurial mindset and working style – self-starting, highly accountable, ability to anticipate problems and define and implement effective solutions, desire to win
Outcomes & measures of success:
- Successfully provide retail operations with labor efficiency models and drive adherence to plan
- Become the go-to resource for capital planning and management
- Support other functional areas including Product, Technology, and Marketing
- Introduce tools and processes to provide visibility in tracking vs plan to ensure adherence to budget
- Builds successful partnerships with cross functional team leaders
- Able to be a player coach as we build the team
The Finance team values:
- Humility and lifelong learning
- Accountability and ownership
- Accuracy and diligence
However you identify, whatever your path to get here; Leap celebrates diversity and is committed to maintaining a safe, rewarding and inclusive environment where Leapers thrive individually and as a team. In order to achieve our mission, building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale; we need to work hard to foster a diverse community to support the brands and customers we serve. These aren't just words, this is who we are. We know that our differences are what make our organization special and are paramount to our culture. Your age, skin color, beliefs, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, parental status, vet status, gender identity are valued.