Business Development Lead - West Coast
- Los Angeles, CA
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Leap is building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale. Brand stores powered by Leap bring modern brands to life with compelling, immersive customer experience and data driven operations. At Leap, our diverse, growing team is excited by the opportunity to power the next generation of leading consumer brands with a vibrant presence in local communities throughout the country. We're one of the fastest-growing companies in the retail/e-commerce space - since launch we've powered stores for dozens of brands, and we're adding more brands and stores each week.
Our customers are modern brands who lead or aspire to lead their categories today and tomorrow, and *outstanding* people are literally at the core of our product. Our organization is composed of a diverse range of talented individuals and teams. Our staff are what makes our organization so special and honoring our culture and values as we hire, onboard, engage, develop and support our teams is paramount. Your ideas, thinking, and voice are wanted.
About the role:
Leap is looking for a Business Development Lead on the West Coast who can drive new business through the deal funnel and execute priority growth initiatives in their region. At the intersection of Leap’s Sales and Real Estate teams, this individual will be tasked with aligning real estate opportunities in their covered markets to best fit the needs of the leading brands on the Leap Platform. This individual will serve as a key face of the company in the market, working to convert new opportunities with highly desirable brands and driving new customers through the funnel, while proposing data-driven real estate locations to new and existing Platform brands.
The role provides a unique opportunity to evaluate and partner with leading brands while also becoming intimately familiar with the real estate dynamics of their respective markets. This individual will be leaned on as a real estate expert in their prospective markets, helping drive decisions resulting in the leasing and launching of dozens of new stores/brands. This will be a multifaceted growth position within the organization, serving as a conduit between teams with an opportunity to help pioneer the marketplace model for a quickly growing business. You'll be a part of developing a new and exciting muscle of the company - how to align real estate with the right brands while utilizing data at scale.
Based on the West Coast (LA or SF), this individual will partner with our Real Estate, Marketing, and Business Operations teams to grow the number of stores on the Leap platform across their respective market(s) while analyzing potential deals and pitching real estate locations to new prospective customers. This individual will be rewarded on merit and results and be positioned to take on a more significant growth role after 12-24 months. To succeed, this individual will need strong customer-facing, deal structuring, and analytical skills, while working dynamically with a range of both internal and external stakeholders.
What you'll own:
- Drive new business: unlock opportunities in your markets by utilizing market knowledge and data to structure and propose the best fit real estate locations to prospective brands
- Become an expert on Leap's new/existing markets by working cross-functionally with our real estate team and traveling to/touring new potential locations to ultimately add the most desirable locations to the Platform's fleet
- Create growth by aligning supply (real estate) and demand (retail brands) resulting in reaching target number of new store proposals, signed contracts, and lease agreements
- Identify innovative ways to win deals with quality targets
- In partnership with the Marketing team, develop and iterate external facing materials to support dealmaking
Our ideal candidate has:
- At least 3-7 years of Real Estate Leasing, Real Estate Investment, Real Estate Sales, Business Development or other context of high-stakes external-facing experience in a target-driven, real-estate oriented environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset and working style – self-starting, highly accountable, strong ability to anticipate problems and define and implement effective solutions; strong desire to win; high output
- Existing knowledge of relevant real estate markets
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills as well as proficient hard skills in PowerPoint and Excel (i.e. able to create a polished PowerPoint presentation without guidance)
- Experience successfully structuring real estate transactions
- A high degree of intellectual curiosity with exceptional work ethic, attention-to-detail and a can-do/will-do attitude
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving startup working environment
Outcomes & measures of success:
- Effectively and efficiently seed, develop, and land new commercial relationships with target brands translating to the successful execution of incremental stores on the Leap Platform
- Develop expertise over Leap's markets and their respective real estate dynamics as well as the inner workings of consumer brand P&L's
- Track to reach new store opening goals on a quarterly basis while contributing to growing the footprint of the Platform across their respective market(s)
- Significant contributions to the development of new frameworks and organizational structures to successfully align new brand demand with real estate supply at scale
- Successfully represent Leap as the leading “Retail-as-a-Service” Platform in the marketplace amongst brands, industry partners, and peers
However you identify, whatever your path to get here; Leap celebrates diversity and is committed to maintaining a safe, rewarding and inclusive environment where Leapers thrive individually and as a team. In order to achieve our mission, building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale; we need to work hard to foster a diverse community to support the brands and customers we serve. These aren't just words, this is who we are. We know that our differences are what make our organization special and are paramount to our culture. Your age, skin color, beliefs, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, parental status, vet status, gender identity are valued.