- Los Angeles, CA
- Full Time
- Store Development
Leap is building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale. The Leap Platform enables brands to deploy stores that work in concert with ecommerce more rapidly and at significantly reduced cost and risk. Brand stores powered by Leap bring modern brands to life with compelling, immersive customer experience and data driven operations. At Leap, our diverse, growing team is excited by the opportunity to power the next generation of leading consumer brands with a vibrant presence in local communities throughout the country. We're one of the fastest growing companies in the retail/ecommerce space - since launch we've powered stores for dozens of brands, and we're adding more brands and stores each week.
Our brand customers are modern brands who lead or aspire to lead their categories today and tomorrow, and *outstanding* people are literally at the core of our product. Our organization is composed of a diverse range of talented individuals and teams. With functions like Real Estate, Store Design & Development, Retail Operations, Marketing, Engineering, Product Management and Data Science, we're a truly unique company and our shared ambitions and core values tightly align and drive us to succeed.
Our staff are what make our organization so special and honoring our culture and values as we hire, onboard, engage, develop and support our teams is paramount.
Come take this leap with us. Your ideas, thinking, and voice are wanted.
The Store Designer is the internal store designer for stores on the Leap platform, working across our stores and brands to bring compelling, immersive brand experiences to life. In this role you'll design compelling brand experiences within our customizable frameworks and support our project managers in our agile build process to ensure each store is built on time and on budget. Brand stores powered by Leap complement our brands' ecommerce experiences by enabling customers to discover and connect with products and people in real life; thus, in this role you'll leverage Leap’s store design approach and systems (i.e. space planning and functional store elements) while learning what makes each brand’s core value proposition sing.
- Support Real Estate team during store location evaluation and lease negotiations by reviewing sites and relevant deal terms.
- Lead store concept design and layout / space planning and produce designs and schematic drawings to gain approval from brand customers and internal stakeholders e.g. Retail Ops, Technology and Finance team members.
- Support PMs in preparing and managing budgets and schedules for store builds.
- Support PMs in preparing and managing bid sets and procurement processes for store builds.
- Prepare and manage packages for contractors and other vendors.
- Proactively coordinate communications amongst internal stakeholders and brand customers during design and build processes.
- Manage to approval shop drawings from all FF&E vendors
- Support PMs for on-site build management (contractors and other vendors, and setup/configuration of visual merchandising, lighting and other store elements key to customer and employee experience) and resolve issues in the field to ensure delivery on time and on budget while maintaining quality.
- Coordinate store turnover and punchlist completion for design items with Retail Operations and Brand Management team members.
- Support PMs to manage close out packages including budget vs actuals reporting, as-built modeling and inspections.
- Manage and further develop Leap's FF&E system
- Support windows and all store's window displays designs
Key competencies & attributes for success:
- Track record of success managing the design and buildout of stores focused on compelling customer experience and efficient operations.
- 5+ years of experience in retail store design as a store designer, interior designer, visual merchandising or events designer.
- Ability to travel by car or plane to conduct site visits and participate in on-site activities. Travel will be intermittent but may be as high as 50% at times.
Outcomes & measures of success:
- Successful project management of store design and build workflows according to defined measures.
- Successful execution of store builds e.g. on-time, on-budget, and maintaining quality.
- Successful collaboration with peers/stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Contribution to the development of a team-oriented, high performance culture within the company.
**ADDING A PORTFOLIO IS A MUST
However you identify, whatever your path to get here; Leap celebrates diversity and is committed to maintaining a safe, rewarding and inclusive environment where Leapers thrive individually and as a team.
In order to achieve our mission, building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale; we need to work hard to foster a diverse community to support the brands and customers we serve. These aren't just words, this is who we are. We know that our differences are what make our organization special and are paramount to our culture. Your age, skin color, beliefs, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, parental status, vet status, gender identity are valued.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity! Unfortunately, due to the high volume of inquiries received, we are not able to respond to all applicants