Senior Front End Engineer
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Leap is building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems, and scale. The Leap Platform enables brands to deploy stores that work in concert with ecommerce more rapidly and at significantly reduced cost and risk. Brand stores powered by Leap bring modern brands to life with compelling, immersive customer experience and data driven operations. At Leap, our diverse, growing team is excited by the opportunity to power the next generation of leading consumer brands with a vibrant presence in local communities throughout the country. We're one of the fastest growing companies in the retail/ecommerce space - since launch we've powered stores for dozens of brands, and we're adding more brands and stores each week.
Our brand customers are modern brands who lead or aspire to lead their categories today and tomorrow, and *outstanding* people are literally at the core of our product. Our organization is composed of a diverse range of talented individuals and teams. With functions like Real Estate, Store Design & Development, Retail Operations, Marketing, Engineering, Product Management and Data Science, we're a truly unique company and our shared ambitions and core values tightly align and drive us to succeed.
Our staff are what make our organization so special and honoring our culture and values as we hire, onboard, engage, develop and support our teams is paramount.
Come take this leap with us. Your ideas, thinking, and voice are wanted.
Mission for the position:
As a Front End (FE) Engineer at Leap, you'll be an integral part of the product, design and engineering team building the foundation of a user centered , scalable, client platform at a fast growing SAAS company that is transforming the world of retail through data, systems and scale. You'll show us how you concept, test, and iterate over clean and concise code that’s performant, reliable, secure, responsive and accessible i.e. not too clever. You know that the soul of great software is making it simple and easy to refactor. You have a keen attention to detail, and know that QA starts with you. Features you build will showcase store performance and insights to our brands. It'll also give our internal teams the tools they need to improve store operations and sales..
At leap, FE engineers work closely with product, design and engineering to create clean, efficient, usable interfaces and tools for brands, consumers, and the leap team.
- Conceive, & build real-world solutions to practical challenges, by designing and coding great interfaces in HTML & CSS.
- Drive and participate in clear, consistent code review practices, using your experience to help grow a great engineering team
- Apply state-of-the-art technology and programming techniques to build best in class user interfaces, that fulfill brand/customer/leap platform objectives and milestones that support the product roadmap
- Collaborate on the roll-out of internal workflows and procedures, prioritizing automation
- Be encouraging, supportive, kind, fun, sensitive, honest, a great teacher, and above all, a great student
Competencies for Success:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field OR three years+ full-time Software Engineering work experience and familiarity with modern practices
- Experience with React, Vue, or similar frameworks
- An intricate knowledge of HTML and CSS, React, Go platform
- Familiarity with device agnostic development approaches
- Experience developing with component libraries and design systems.
- Exceptional attention to detail; ability to understand the big picture while operating in the weeds
- Enjoys working in a scrappy, collaborative and high energy environment where you have the opportunity to work on a variety of work.
- Humility and high aptitude for learning and self-improvement
- High level of comfort working in a dynamic and evolving environment
- Innately curious, wants to understand all parts of Leap’s business, encourages innovation and creative problem solving with others
- Entrepreneurial mindset and working style - self-starting, highly accountable, ability to anticipate problems and define and implement effective solutions
Outcomes & measures of success:
- Reduce brand onboarding time by improving brand and Leap facing tooling and process.
- Improve performance visibility through data visualization for brands and Leap users.
- Improve development process and code performance through engineering best practices
- Build clean reusable software components and interfaces
- Level up JR engineers through pairing, guidance and mentorship.
However you identify, whatever your path to get here; Leap celebrates diversity and is committed to maintaining a safe, rewarding and inclusive environment where Leapers thrive individually and as a team.
In order to achieve our mission, building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale; we need to work hard to foster a diverse community to support the brands and customers we serve. These aren't just words, this is who we are. We know that our differences are what make our organization special and are paramount to our culture. Your age, skin color, beliefs, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, parental status, vet status, gender identity are valued.