Regional Manager - Chicago
- Chicago, IL
- Full Time
- Senior Manager/Supervisor
Leap is building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale. The Leap Platform enables brands to deploy stores that work in concert with ecommerce more rapidly and at significantly reduced cost and risk. Brand stores powered by Leap bring modern brands to life with compelling, immersive customer experience and data driven operations. At Leap, our diverse, growing team is excited by the opportunity to power the next generation of leading consumer brands with a vibrant presence in local communities throughout the country. We're one of the fastest growing companies in the retail/ecomm space - since launch we've powered stores for dozens of brands, and we're adding more brands and stores each week.
Leap customers are modern brands who lead or aspire to lead their categories today and tomorrow. Outstanding people are the core of our product. Our organization is a diverse range of talented individuals and teams with functions in Real Estate, Store Design & Development, Retail Operations, Marketing, Engineering, Product Management and Data Science. We are a truly unique company, our shared ambitions and core values tightly align and drive us to succeed.
The Regional Director/Regional Manager will be responsible for existing stores and rapid growth of our Central teams. This individual will be joining a best-in-class retail function and will be a leader for their region of up to 50 locations, across many brands. Working with the broader US team and other key internal stakeholders, the Director/Manager will create a regional strategy aligned with the company's financial and business objectives and work with the team to execute on those plans. The Regional Director/Manager role is responsible for developing a team of Area Managers, driving all aspects of store performance and overseeing all retail operations. Regional Directors/Manager will develop a pipeline for growth and implement business processes and procedures, in order to create an exceptional customer experience while maximizing profitability across brands.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is driven, is an excellent people focused leader, is strategic and resourceful; looks at obstacles as opportunities; has a passion for team and leadership development; and is a proven entrepreneur.
- Manage, innovate, and drive store performance across all retail departments including: Recruitment, Training, Retention, Store Operations, Product Sell through, Visual Merchandising, Local Brand Awareness, In-store Event initiatives, Clienteling, New Store Openings and Customer Experience.
- Manage and develop Area Managers through regular check-ins, ongoing performance documentation, setting and holding people accountable to goals and targets. Hold Area Managers accountable for managing and developing the Store Managers in their region.
- Drive consistency in performance across stores by developing, introducing, and implementing additional business policies and procedures.
- Ensure financial goals are met by recognizing shortfalls and growth opportunities based on key store financial metrics and creating or implementing solutions.
- Collaborate with regional and cross-functional partners to accomplish projects and initiatives
- Creates and supports a fun, inclusive environment that values/celebrates differences
Key competencies & attributes for success:
- Strong soft skills in the areas of relationship building, team development and management and leadership
- Collaborate across organization to set company-wide operational priorities and strategies
- Tolerates uncertainty and ambiguity and can change priorities in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial startup environment
- Is able to quickly understand and address business information (e.g., profit and loss statements, budgets and sales forecasts, retail strategy and approaches)
- Takes initiative to ensure the success of the business and drives toward accomplishing goals; is innovative and owns results
- Willing to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Willing to travel to retail locations to accomplish work, as needed and as requested
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent Experience
- 4+ years retail work experience in a leadership role for 20+ stores or $35M
- 10 years retail store and store operations experience
- Career growth opportunities
- Exceptional employee discount on product
- Continued education (e-learning and training)
- Medical, vision and dental insurance, 401(K)
However you identify, whatever your path to get here; Leap celebrates diversity and is committed to maintaining a safe, rewarding and inclusive environment where Leapers thrive individually and as a team.
In order to achieve our mission, building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale; we need to work hard to foster a diverse community to support the brands and customers we serve. These aren't just words, this is who we are. We know that our differences are what make our organization special and are paramount to our culture. Your age, skin color, beliefs, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, parental status, vet status, gender identity are valued.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity! Unfortunately, due to the high volume of inquiries received, we are not able to respond to all applicants.