Senior Platform/Backend Engineer
- Full Time
Leap is building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale. The Leap Platform enables brands to deploy stores that work in concert with ecommerce more rapidly and at significantly reduced cost and risk. Brand stores powered by Leap bring modern brands to life with compelling, immersive customer experience and data driven operations. At Leap, our diverse, growing team is excited by the opportunity to power the next generation of leading consumer brands with a vibrant presence in local communities throughout the country. We're one of the fastest growing companies in the retail/ecommerce space - since launch we've powered stores for dozens of brands, and we're adding more brands and stores each week.
Our brand customers are modern brands who lead or aspire to lead their categories today and tomorrow, and *outstanding* people are literally at the core of our product. Our organization is comprised of a diverse range of talented individuals and teams. With functions like Real Estate, Store Design & Development, Retail Operations, Marketing, Engineering, Product Management and Data Science, we're a truly unique company and our shared ambitions and core values tightly align and drive us to succeed.
Our staff are what make our organization so special and honoring our culture and values as we hire, onboard, engage, develop and support our teams is paramount.
Come take this leap with us. Your ideas, thinking, and voice are wanted.
Mission for the position
As a Senior Platform Engineer, you'll be part of the original Leap team, and you'll build the foundation of a scalable technology platform. You'll show us how you design, test, and iterate over simple code that’s easy to reason through. You know that the soul of great software is making it simple and easy to refactor.
You'll work closely with product and your fellow engineers to architect data collection and integration (linking commerce systems), and display in operational tools (providing operational visibility to non-technical teams). Your code will sync data automatically between sources (such as retail payment systems or inventory systems) and to our internal data stores. Your team will automate the export of data out to our partners and your team will build internal analysis and operational tools for our operations and growth teams.
What you'll do:
- Design real-world solutions to practical challenges, by writing great code
- Drive and participate in clear, consistent code review practices, using your experience to help grow a great engineering team
- Use state-of-the-art technology and programming tools
- Collaborate on the roll-out of internal workflows and procedures, prioritizing automation
- Be encouraging, supportive, kind, fun, sensitive, honest, a great teacher, and above all, a great student
- Have fun and work with a scrappy, optimistic, energetic startup team
- Significant programming experience writing code in Go, Python, or a similar language
- Technical experience building ETLs, data pipelines, and engineering secure, scalable services
- Experience with API-driven development and large datasets
- A deep commitment to testing and automation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Curiosity, energy, and a sense of humor
In your first month, you'll:
- Help define the best tools for the job
- Write code to automate simple, but incredibly important problems
- Communicate constantly with an encouraging, supportive team
However you identify, whatever your path to get here; Leap celebrates diversity and is committed to maintaining a safe, rewarding and inclusive environment where Leapers thrive individually and as a team. In order to achieve our mission, building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale; we need to work hard to foster a diverse community to support the brands and customers we serve. These aren't just words, this is who we are. We know that our differences are what make our organization special and are paramount to our culture. Your age, skin color, beliefs, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, parental status, vet status, gender identity are valued.