Senior Product Manager, Brand Collaboration
- Chicago, IL
- Full Time
Leap is building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems, and scale. The Leap Platform enables brands to deploy stores that work in concert with ecommerce more rapidly and at significantly reduced cost and risk. Brand stores powered by Leap bring modern brands to life with compelling, immersive customer experience and data driven operations. At Leap, our diverse, growing team is excited by the opportunity to power the next generation of leading consumer brands with a vibrant presence in local communities throughout the country. We're one of the fastest growing companies in the retail/ecommerce space - since launch we've powered stores for dozens of brands, and we're adding more brands and stores each week.
Our brand customers are modern brands who lead or aspire to lead their categories today and tomorrow, and *outstanding* people are literally at the core of our product. Our organization is composed of a diverse range of talented individuals and teams. With functions like Real Estate, Store Design & Development, Retail Operations, Marketing, Engineering, Product Management and Data Science, we're a truly unique company and our shared ambitions and core values tightly align and drive us to succeed.
Our staff are what make our organization so special and honoring our culture and values as we hire, onboard, engage, develop, and support our teams is paramount.
Come take this leap with us. Your ideas, thinking, and voice are wanted.
Mission for the position:
As Senior Product Manager, Brand Collaboration your mission is to generate value for our brand customers by enabling and optimizing collaboration with the Leap team. Bringing retail stores to life requires lots of collaboration: to integrate systems, design and develop the space, train store associates, plan merchandising, replenish inventory, execute marketing campaigns, and much more. We enable all of that collaboration with the Leap app, our browser-based retail platform command center. The Leap App puts everything a brand customer needs to support their retail stores in one place.
Enabling effective and efficient collaboration is a core element of our business strategy. In this role you will lead cross-functional teams to bring that strategy to life.
- Develop and communicate product strategies and a roadmap that align your mission with overall product strategy and business goals
- Guide product discovery processes to understand our brand customers’ challenges
- Lead cross-functional teams including Product Design, Engineering, Analytics, and Business colleagues to deliver product solutions
Additionally, you will:
- Assist in building a team-oriented product-driven culture in the company
Competencies for Success:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, or combination of relevant education, experience and training
- 5+ years of related experience in a comparable product role: Retail preferred but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Continuously develops and leverages business and technical knowledge
- Applies discovery techniques to know the customer
- Develops a vision and strategy
- Leads without formal authority (takes ownership)
- Takes a position and demonstrates well-reasoned judgment
- Forecasts and measures, gathers data and evidence
- Simplifies (decomposes and focuses)
- Facilitates team processes to translate product strategy into actionable scope
- Executes (fills gaps, removes barriers, garners support, and more)
Outcomes & measures of success:
- Knows the customer
- Establishes strong relationships with colleagues across the company and effectively leads cross-functional teams
- Consistently delivers initiatives that are focused, aligned with product strategy, and generate value for brand customers and Leap
EEO Statement: However, you identify, whatever your path to get here; Leap celebrates diversity and is committed to maintaining a safe, rewarding, and inclusive environment where Leapers thrive individually and as a team. To achieve our mission, building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems, and scale; we need to work hard to foster a diverse community to support the brands and customers we serve. These aren't just words; this is who we are. We know that our differences are what make our organization special and are paramount to our culture. Your age, skin color, beliefs, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, parental status, vet status, gender identity are valued.