Senior Machine Learning Engineer
- Full Time
Mission for the position:
As a senior Machine Learning Engineer you will conduct ad-hoc analysis and experimentation on our data, and serve as a key stakeholder in the development of our data platform. As an expert on machine learning and applied data science, you'll work closely with our engineering, analytics, product, and Leadership teams to help them make data-driven decisions across the business. You'll also regularly pair with our Product and Engineering teams to truly automate applied ML solutions into our testable, monitorable software platform.
You'll work closely with our analytics team to differentiate between analytics problems and data science problems. You’ll work with our product and executive teams to prioritize and reprioritize among our many opportunities to add value. You'll pair regularly with engineering and QA to make sure that truly automatable ML outputs are rigorously tested and integrated into our brand and shopper experiences.
What you'll do:
- Participate in the integration of ML and data science insights to the dashboards we provide to our brand customers and internal user stakeholders
- Develop, update, and feature-engineer the algorithms and ML models that power our platform
- Help perform ad-hoc data experimentation that supports strategic growth and leadership initiatives
- Obtain and integrate data from new sources to help expand the breadth and depth of our analyses and resulting insights
- Have fun and work with a scrappy, optimistic, energetic startup team
- Use state-of-the-art technology and programming tools
- Collaborate on the roll-out of internal workflows and procedures, prioritizing automation
- Be encouraging, supportive, kind, fun, sensitive, honest, a great teacher, and above all, a great student
Our ideal candidate has:
- 5-10 years experience with data science, analytics, and ML tooling
- Technical experience using modern data tools like dbt and bigquery
- Demonstrated problem-solving and process-improvement skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Curiosity, energy, and a sense of humor
In your first month, you will:
- Go to our stores, ask questions, try on products, buy products, return products, and experience being a customer first-hand
- Plunge into our existing databases to understand our existing data structures and pipelines
- Learn the fundamental unit economics of our stores and our business
- Pair with our engineers to understand our existing ETLs and data
- Communicate constantly with an encouraging, supportive team
However you identify, whatever your path to get here; Leap celebrates diversity and is committed to maintaining a safe, rewarding and inclusive environment where Leapers thrive individually and as a team.
In order to achieve our mission, building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale; we need to work hard to foster a diverse community to support the brands and customers we serve. These aren't just words, this is who we are. We know that our differences are what make our organization special and are paramount to our culture. Your age, skin color, beliefs, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, parental status, vet status, gender identity are valued.