Store Manager: Leap (Chicago)
Our store teams are the heart of Leap! We are looking for an innovative and engaging Store Manager for our Chicago market. This leader will build dynamic store teams to create exceptional customer experiences and drive store performance to achieve business goals.
The Leap platform launches and operates insight-driven retail stores for modern/emerging brands with better performance and less risk. Among the trailblazing brands we work with are: ASTR the Label, ThirdLove, Rent the Runway, Ring Concierge, Malbon Golf, Frankies Bikinis, Bad Birdies, True Classic Tees, and many more.
What We’re Looking For:
- Recruit top talent for all positions in-store; Sales Associates and Sales Supervisors
- Influence and inspire a team to create memorable in store experiences and foster a positive environment
- Ideate, create and execute action plans to drive sales and client engagement
- Ensure store standards are maintained; cleanliness, visual merchandising and operational tasks (inventory counts, tagging, receiving + processing shipment)
- Curate and execute fruitful in store activations and support with new store openings as needed
- Embrace learning and leveraging new technologies, systems, apps, etc.; experience with Shopify, Endear, Slack, Google Office is a plus
- Ability to operate independently and work effectively under pressure, support completion of store opening/closing procedures
- Build out team schedule while managing payroll effectively
- Keep an agile work schedule; including days, nights, weekends, holidays
- Two or more years of direct management experience
- Three or more years of customer service and/or retail experience; background in similar category preferred
- Must be at least 18+ years of age
- Maintain an active floor presence, including standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Comfortability using a ladder and lifting a maximum of 50lbs
Who YOU Are:
- People Leader- effectively guides and motivates others through coaching and mentoring, training and building a bench of future leaders. Strategically delegates tasks to team members to build capabilities and maximize productivity.
- Customer Obsessed/Hospitality Driven- seeks to create genuine and authentic connections, anticipates needs and possesses exceptional selling skills.
- Adaptable & Entrepreneurial - navigates a matrix environment, remaining nimble and flexible, maintaining a growth mindset to identify root causes and creative problem solve.
- Collaborator- actively seeks and provides feedback, thrives on building relationships and working with teams.
- Professional- punctual, accountable and honest; takes initiative and demonstrates strong work ethic.
- Brand Advocate/Category Expert- keeps up with trends/fashion/news in related industry; shows passion and ability to teach and educate employees + customers on product.
- Detail Oriented- operates with high efficiency and effectiveness, consistently produces polished and quality work.
Measures of Success:
- Drive sales goals through Key Performance Indicators: Conversion, Average Order Value (AOV) and Units Per Transaction (UPT)
- Clienteling: Client Outreach, Networking NPS (net promoter score)
- Ability to accomplish tasks + meet deadlines effectively
- Unlimited PTO (blackout periods apply)
- Employee discount + wardrobe allotment for participating Leap brands
- Bonus Eligible
- Employee Assistance Program
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits
If you’re passionate about helping emerging brands succeed and being an integral part of the revolution of retail, a career at Leap could be your ideal match. Leap.com
Salary: 54k - 57k annually
In order to achieve our mission, we need to work hard to create a diverse community of Leapers to support the brand and customers we serve and help us all grow and thrive individually and as a team. Our differences make our organization special and are paramount to our culture. Your age, skin color, beliefs, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, parental status, vet status, gender identity are valued